MySQL is an open source relational database management system (RDBMS). It is commonly used for database services for other open source applications, such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- 1 gigabyte of storage space on the central MySQL database servers.
- Daily Backups with two week retention.
- Access to phpMyAdmin and the MySQL command line client for database management and administration.
- Ability to safely store Category-I data in databases.
- Access to the ITS Systems MySQL team for advice and troubleshooting.
- Access to commercial MySQL support via the ITS Systems MySQL team.
- Fully Managed
In the Fully Managed infrastructure, ITS owns, manages, and supports the MySQL hardware and software resources.
Fully Managed MySQL is recommended for departments, colleges, or other groups that require MySQL service but who do not have the appropriate hardware, software, or staff resources to run it themselves. It is also recommended for those who will be using Category-I data in their databases.
The MySQL database service is available at no cost for departments for up to six named databases. Additional named databases can be purchased in quantities of six for an additional $150 per year. Additional storage space is $7 per gigabyte per year. The Fully Managed version can be ordered through the Request MySQL Database Services form.