Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is an enterprise level database solution. It is recommended when a robust database solution is required.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 environment.
- 1 gigabyte of storage space on the central Microsoft SQL Server database servers.
- Daily backups (at minimum) with two week retention.
- Ability to safely store Category-I data in databases.
- Access to the ITS Systems Microsoft SQL Server team for advice and troubleshooting.
- Fully Managed
Microsoft SQL Server is offered as a "Fully Managed" database. In the Fully Managed infrastructure, ITS owns, manages, and supports the Microsoft SQL Server hardware and software resources. The service includes high availability features and regular backups.
Fully Managed Microsoft SQL Server is recommended for departments, colleges, or other groups that require Microsoft SQL Server service but who do not have the appropriate hardware, software, or staff resources to run it themselves. It is also recommended for those who will be using Category-I data in their databases.
SQL Server is available at no cost for up to six named databases. Additional named databases can be purchased in quantities of six for an additional $150 per year. Additional storage space is $3 per year per GB.